“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life”.John 3:16
A story of love, sacrifice, forgiveness and grace will be shared across platforms and altars this weekend as we all celebrate Easter.
This week, we reflect on these things:
- God made a shift in His walk with man, calling us to fellowship and a relationship on higher ground.
- The veil was torn once and for all, the ultimate sacrifice, not of lambs or bulls, The lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
- God moved from temples made of human hands to His original dwelling place when He breathe His spirit and gave life to man
- In place of justice, He gave us mercy backed with grace to live a life wholly dedicated to Him
- He gave us the Holy Spirit to be our comforter, intercessor, giving life to His words in our hearts
- Because He died, there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for we are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28 NKJV
- Behold, we are now new creatures in Christ. He calls us a chosen generation, a royal priesthood and a holy nation.
I have a new identity, it comes with an eternal reward and an earthly cross. I will have to live by simple obedience to His word, daily denying myself and consecrating myself to Him as I work out my salvation with fear and trembling. I know that just like Him, the world will hate me, cancel me, misunderstand me but just like Him, I will continue to love and forgive. I may have other identities but my identity in Christ will always guide the expression of my other identities. I know that the day I said yes to Him, my Christianity became more important than my race, tribe, gender or any other human categorization assigned to me. So when the world offends, I will not allow bitterness to take root, I will always stand by my Christian convictions, not because it is easy but because in saying yes, I agreed to love, yes, even my enemies.
He modelled the life, extending a call to do everything opposite to what my flesh desires. Love your enemies, pray for those who hate you, forgive seventy times seven times are just a few examples of a different type of standard, one that is beyond human comprehension.
Finally, He laid everything at the cross, the old rugged cross that continues to makes a difference in my life. Three days later, He rose and later ascended with a promise to return for those whose feet are planted on Higher ground.
We wish you a Happy Easter Celebration! He has risen and the Church keeps marching on!
Happy Easter……we should also acknowledge and recall that Jesus defeated the powers of sin and death for all who believe. The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ is a basic Christian affirmation of the Christian faith
“…and the Church keeps marching on.”
This message refreshes the true meaning of Christianity through acts of LOVE, FORGIVENESS and SACRIFICE.
Great awakening never to forget that sacrifice on the cross, God’s Love for all. Happy Easter #lifeandbecoming team
GOD be praised. Worth the read. More grace L&B. GOD bless us all.
Happy Easter #LifeAndBecomingFam
Thank you so much for this. It reminds me about the love of God and sustaining a deeper relationship with him
Hallelujah! He is no longer in the grave, He is alive. Thank you Jesus for the Cross. Please Lord let my feet be planted on higher ground. Happy Resurrection weekend my Pastors. God bless you.