Welcome to 2022!
During the holiday, I read the story of Gideon and his 300 men in Judges 7. I found some simple lessons that we can apply as we settle into another year.
- Be prepared – take a few minutes to get yourself ready for this new season. Across the Bible, we hear references to people rising early. ‘Rising early’ implies preparation, going ahead of the rest, showing up ahead of schedule to give you time to understand your environment and the assignment that lies ahead. When you show up early, you have the added advantage of being first on-site.
- Listen to God’s instructions no matter the way it comes – silent whispers, inward witness, loud thunderings. God is always saying something, so concerning your life – ‘what is God saying?’
- Write something down – the vision, the promises, the ideas. By writing, you engrave them in your subconscious and when it manifest, it makes the story more electrifying and reminds you where to direct the glory
- Shed some weight – whatever represents an excess in your life needs to go – relationships that depreciate you or sights and sounds that pollute your mind. In their place, surround yourself with the people and things that are consistent with the future that God sees in you
- Put your relationships to the test – you are the average of the people you spend time with. Put your friends on a scale, how do you balance off, then be bold enough to do what is required of you.
- Have a strategy for the key areas of your life – a strategy is simply knowing what you want to do and how you want to do it
- Enough room for God – if you have everything figured out, you may just have choked out the supernatural. Have a plan that glorifies God and gives room for His shifting. In 2021, we had a plan, but God had a bigger plan and we are so grateful that we partnered with Him and let Him do His thing. When we think of our testimonies – we see the hand of God in every area.
- Be bold enough – the right attitude matters for exploits to take place. Fear and timidity will keep you at home, while boldness and courage will take you to your marketplace daily and give you the audacity to cause shifts that impact the physical and spiritual atmosphere of the places that God has planted you in.
- Action begets victory – you have to get up, go out and engage for you to experience results in the areas of your life that you desire to change. Remember that God has promised us victory.
- Go! – Whatever you are afraid of, is also afraid of you. They see you and know what you carry, you carry the Lion of the tribe of Judah, He has prevailed and so will you. You have the mind of Christ and greater is He that is in you, let that knowledge empower you.
Finally, always let God take the stage, our lives are only worth living if we live for more than ourselves. As you step into this new season, expand your reason for living, let your light shine outward and point men and women back to God.
From all of us at Life and Becoming, we wish you a most wonderful New Year. We plan to Go Deeper in our walk with God, we challenge you to do the same.
Thank you for this reminder ❤️
Thanks for sharing. Good to go with the wonderful tips.
God bless you and happy new year to you all.
“our lives are only worth living if we live for more than ourselves”…thank you LAB team for this reminder. Coincidentally, I was going through my contact list this morning and thought to myself that I seriously need to delete some contacts from my phone and even cut off from them but on the other hand, I told myself I might need those contacts in future. Now I know I need to lose weight, I’ll get to it right away and after that, I plan to lose some more weight off my social media platforms. Now I know I’m on the right track. God bless you.
What a great way to begin the year,and go deeper with God. Indeed shedding off weight is one of my major goal this year, weight like procastination, unfruitful friends, etc.
Thank you my Pastors for this reminder. I also appreciate you for the book HUSBAND MATERIAL.
God bless you and have a lovely weekend.
This is amazing. Very insightful
This aptly captured the moment we are and the right antidote to the prevailing situation round the globe, and our part of the earth particularly. Thank you for taking us through this lane and God be praise.